Friday, May 15, 2009

Denim Quilt


I made this quilt from old jeans.A coworker gave me an applique machine so I made some Disney and alphabet appliques. It took me nearly 1 year and about 4 pair of jeans to make this quilt. I used an old curtain as the back and since the denim is so heavy, I didn't use any batting. I used blanket binding I purchased from a thrift store. I am very pleased and it makes me feel really good knowing that EJ enjoys it.I am in the process of cutting up jeans now to start another one but this one, I would like to make for my bed, pics to come!

1 comment:

Teaquilts said...

Hello Shaunie

I'm cutting for a demin quilt but don't have any plan in mind yet. I'm thinking about a rag quilt with appliques or embroidered designs on them. Thanks fro following my blog. Tea in MO
www.teaquilts.blogspot.com - also, visit my website when you get time: http:teaquilts.com

I'm adding you to my blog list so I can follow your journey.